Well you may be wondering how one gets to fly in the wings. You fly amongst the clouds or even in the sky, right? But as I sit in a plane, watching the massive air wings cut through the air, buckling from time to time, I feel as if I am a part of the wing, feeling the thrust of air on my face, getting to know how a bird feels to spread its wings and fly. It makes me marvel at human ingeniousness and the nature’s beauty, making me a part of this human drone flying in the air.
Here I am, cruising at 36000 feet, roughly 11 kms above sea level. I love flying, have always respected the people associated with the Air Force or the aviation industry. It’s a sheer delight being in nature’s lap, to feel the popping of ears, as we go into the higher stratas of the atmosphere.
Looking out of the window, I see a sea of white beneath me and a layer of blue above me. How contrasting to the scene in the city, where you see nothing but clouds showering rain upon you and here I’m bathed in rays of sunlight. The sea of white appears as a white mass of lava, slowly flowing past you, aiming to cause havoc at some place.
It is a marvel to think that this 37 meter A320, can defy the laws of gravity( what goes up, does stay up, doesn’t it? ). As the plane was rising up to its cruising altitude, I was wondering how high it could go? Could it touch the outer seams of space? I wonder the thrills that astronauts experience and do believe that soon airplanes shall be flying to the outer space.
And as my brief 2 hour journey comes to an end, as we drop down to the place called earth, the land comes into view. Houses, vehicles, humans appear as small specks. I look back upon the past few hours in the lap of mother nature. And as the plane grinds to a halt, I look forward to going up there, where I really belong, flying in the wings.



1 comment:
Hey golu!! u remind me of my trip on that air deccan :D
u knw my Baba hasnt been in aeroplane b4, he used say anyway - u knw wats the fun? u're above the clouds and the rainfall is beneath you! lovely!
xbacy
Post a Comment